Sunday, February 26, 2006

Myrtle Falls in the Washing Machine

Today was a really hairy Day.
While I was doing Laundry, I left the Machine lid open, to go and answer the phone.
Myrtle has been aggravating me to let Her do some Laundry. (She loves to sit on the Washer while it Spins ) While I was on the Phone, Myrtle sneaked in the Washroom and poured a whole box of Laundry Detergent in the Machine ( She wanted to make bubbles I assume ) I can just see her laughing and grinning, at the thought of making a room full of bubbles.
During her sneaky routine, She accidentally fell in the Washer, and when the lid came down, it came on. After my breif phone conversation, I went back down to the washroom, and I heard the most unusual sound coming from the washer. Then I realized I had not turned the washer on. Furthermore I looked down and the whole room was about a foot deep in soap bubbles.
" Myrtle I called out" there was no answer and I could her her making sounds from the washer.
I hurridly lifted the lid, and there was my Baby all suds up and wet, She looked like an oversized Gerbil. I snatched Her from the machine, and made sure she was all right.
She was soaking wet. I scolded Her and told Her how dangerous that could have been. She just laughed, She thought it was so funny. " Billy Bob Ben Jo Holcombe said he does it all the time"
She replied. I should have figured it had something to do with that School mate Hoodlum of Hers. If BBBJH told you to eat a bucket of Horsecrap would you do that I asked?
Never mind I said, ( because I knew the answer to that question.)
So after all that drama, I sent Myrtle upstairs to finish her Girl Scout homework.
She has been working very hard to earn Her new badge. Cookie salespossum of the month.
Even though the other little Girls do everything they can to sabatoge her efforts, I know She will earn the badge. ( because I bought 50 boxes of cookies from her, She ate the rest.)
We are in debt up to her eyeballs and teeth trying to pay for all those cookies.
I think its time Myrtle gets a part time Job. They have an opening at the local restauraunt
for a Pre-wash dishwasher, tommorow after School I'm going to take her by there to apply.
( Its a non discriminating establishment).
Better go, got to put myrtle in the dryer to get her all puffed up. She looks twice her size if you put in a fabric softner sheet.
Sincerely
Myrtles father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home