Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Myrtles Halloween Costume Fitting

Today I took Myrtle to be fitted for her Halloween costume.
Even though its months away, She aggravated me so bad we went ahead and did it.
I asked her what she wanted to go as and she said "A Possum " Weird huh, because she is a Opossum. When we went to the costume shop for her fitting the lady really thought we were weird, she had a confused look on her face about the costume. I tried to explain to her that Myrtle thought she was a princess and did not realize she was a Possum. I know this sounds confusing, so think of how I feel....
The fitting was a disaster, myrtle kept squirming around and getting her tail caught up in the seams of the costume. The headpeice was a little snug so we had to pull it down on her, and in all the drama she peed all over the seamstress. the lady nearly got pissed about the whole ordeal, and said " Why dont you just let her go as a possum like she is" Myrtle overheard her and was very upset. So it took another twenty minutes for me to explain to her that she was a princess, just an ugly one and not a ratty looking Opossum. So we finally got her fitted and she refused to take it off, so I let her wear it in the car when we left. On the way home I had to stop and Get some Snuff, so as usual I took myrtle in the store with me, The clerks were standoffish, until Ii explained to them, it was just a costume and this was really my little girl. They asked how I i got my daughter stuffed inside such a little costume. it was too much to go into so we just made our purchase and left.
Later that evening I got a rather nasty call from Child protective services about abusive treatment, reported by a store clerk. I did my best to explain but they just werent getting it. So Now We have a court date, maybe the judge will understand, if I can get myrtle to take off the costume. I dred to see how the bus stop goes in the morning, since She looks even more like a possum with the possum costume on. All this is giving me a headcahe, as you can imagine. got to go now, I need to help myrtle with her valentines for the other School kids. They are having a party tommorow at School.
Sincerely
Myrtles Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home