Saturday, February 24, 2007

Myrtle's update

Wow, I cant belive its been since August since I've written about Myrtle.
Things here at home have been very busy since then.
So where do I start ??

Since I posted last, things with myrtle & sweet-pea & bucky, and bucky & sweet-pea's Father Speedy have changed dramatically.
Unfortunately Sweet-Pea is no longer with us. She dislocated Her hip socket & the Vet said She was in terrible Pain & there was nothing we could do, so to my Horror Sweet-Pea had to be put down. It was a sad day for all of us, especially Myrtle, who did not fully understand what was going on. Bucky on the other hand looked at it in this way ( More food for Him )
Bucky has turned out to be quite a large Opposum, He was so puney when He was a little lad, but has he fooled us all & grown to be about 13 pounds. ( WOW).

Myrtle still cannot stand Him, because he takes attention away from Her, But She knows She still is my all time favorite Baby!!!

Myrtle has been such a good Girl, She Herself isin't getting any younger, She is starting to slow down some, Her teeth are starting to grind down & She is not as fat as She once was.
Since She is an Older Opossum I am going to have to change the way I tell stories about Her, I think I will write about Her as if She were a Geriatric Opossum, Maybe like Granny stories or something like that.
So anyway let me think of some stories & I will post some soon.
I promise I will try to start posting more regular, for all you Myrtle Fans, especially Myrtle's Family back home in Florida & Georgia, Granny Jean, Auntie Lynn & Auntie Susan & of course Old Old Auntie Hilda in Boca Raton.
Until next time
Myrtle's Father

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home